Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Easter Bunny Crapped in my Coffee

There’s nothing like a rainy Sunday morning and Kris Kristofferson’s “Sunday Morning Coming Down” to put you in an upbeat mood. It’s the same feeling I get lately watching the news.

Between the people comparing the Terri Schiavo case to the persecution of Jesus and the “breaking news” about a beaver infestation in Germantown, I am at a loss for words. When a neighbor’s kid asked what Easter presents I was going to give him…he wanted some X-Box games, I almost back-handed the little bastard back into reality.

Is the world really getting this out of touch? Drake and I used to kid each other about going to work every day. We would say it was our “therapy”. We better get back to work soon or I’m going to end up like all the other zoned out middle classed white folks….waiting in line for my meds at the Walgreen’s. It's appears there will be one on every corner soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

...And how satisfying it would have been to belt the kid into next week... Then his parents, too. Ah, to dream...

March 30, 2005 at 4:24 AM  
Blogger Huff said...

What is the world coming to? Do kids have to get presents every day? What ever happened to the me generation? All I want is my beer and a good piece of tail. Is that too much to ask? A DWI will soon stay on your record for 10, count'em 10 friggin years. I admit, the best way to get around it is to NOT DO IT. But what else is a country boy from the land of moonshine and meth supposed to do for entertainment? Not so long ago, you could load a cooler in your truck and ride gravel for days. Not any more. Hell, atleast I wasn't cookin crank in the back of a restaurant. Oh well. Lets take this show, The View!! Star, hey I am a fat ass bitch, Jones has finally done it. In defending Michael Jackson and his race card, which he DID pull, she says that just because he has white skin he is still a black man inside. WHAT THE HELL EVER HAPPENED TO 'ITS NOT THE COLOR OF THE SKIN, IT IS WHAT IS INSIDE THAT COUNTS'? Where does she come up with this shit? All I know is the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Oh well, what's a guy to do?

March 30, 2005 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home