Monday, May 09, 2005

I Hate Tears for Fears...Other Than That It's Way Cool

I began my second week at the new radio station a few hours ago. Getting up at 4:15 is a drag but other than that it has been great fun. I was never much of a coffee guy but I am now. There is nothing like that jittery, sweaty, about to crap your pants feeling that bad office coffee provides.

Our little station is in the middle of neighborhood in East Memphis that consists mostly of day spas/salons and funeral homes. So I got that going for me.

The people here at the station are very nice and I probably won't have to kill too many of them. The music is what's important now, rock and roll with a little soul and funk mixed in.
I would be lying if I said I didn't dig almost every tune (see above). Until Drake can get back on the radio Marky B and I will kick out the jams and try to keep it real, so to speak.

8 Comments:

Blogger pennhead said...

You, sir, kick total ass. Thanks for keeping it real for us folks in Jonesboro.

May 9, 2005 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger J. Francis Lehman said...

Congrats on your return. Not only am I never up at that time, I rarely listen to the radio any more, so I didn't know you'd finally started back. Still, best of luck with it all. You've always been one of my favorite "on-air personalities."

Actually, I did flip on the radio in my car last Friday evening; your new employer was playing something I barely recalled. My first thought was "FM 100, early eighties." Hopefully, your shift does not subject you or the audience to such horrors on a regular basis.

"Play some Crimson!"

May 9, 2005 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Reservoir Hogs said...

The station definitely rocks. I can't wait for the return of the best radio show ever!

May 9, 2005 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger druidmama said...

I think that this is the most perfect mix of music possible. Rock on!

May 10, 2005 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Motown Mike said...

when are you going to get a webcast??? Radio in the motor city pretty much SUCKS, you made my afternoons much more tolerable, thanks to live streams. HELP! QUICK! I'm stuck between the halfwit Howard and the halftwits Bob & Tom. You need your buddy Drake, and I need a live audio stream...almost as much as I need my bad office coffee.

May 11, 2005 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger TC The Terrible said...

Amen to that. I'm stuck in DC with nothing decent to listen to in the mornings. Hell, news radio is the top rated morning show around here.

I need the Drake and Zeke show!

May 11, 2005 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger J. Francis Lehman said...

Alice Cooper AND The Human Tripod™ both on the same station? Well, I know where my dial will be set from now on...

May 13, 2005 at 1:48 AM  
Blogger moecephus said...

Hey Zippy and Master B ! When is Butt Plug coming back to the show?

May 19, 2005 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home